Are you interested in working for a company that offers a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? West Fraser Quesnel River Pulp division in Quesnel, BC, has an opportunity for the dynamic role of:Reliability Coordinator
Reporting to the Engineering Superintendent and Maintenance Manager, the Reliability Coordinator improves mill operation by collecting and analyzing data to develop optimal maintenance strategies, overseeing the predictive maintenance (PdM) program, investigating failures and proposing improvements, and providing expertise in support of maintenance tasks.Key Responsibilities Include:
An ideal candidate will possess:
- Data Collection and Analysis,
- Develop and implement failure codes for work ordering system,
- Collect and analyze failure data to inform decision making and change maintenance practices,
- Develop KPIs or metrics to track progress and identify new opportunities for improvement,
- Condition Monitoring and Predictive Maintenance Program
- Oversee and manage the PdM program,
- Organize information from condition monitoring program and integrate the information into decision making processes and overall asset health monitoring,
- Evaluate technologies and optimize their use for early identification of defects,
- Participate in development of alarm management strategies,
- Failure Investigation and Analysis,
- Review major failures of equipment or processes,
- Identify recurring problems or trends,
- Initiates and leads Root Cause Analysis of failures and trains others to conduct RCAs,
- Utilize findings to propose changes or projects,
- Support Maintenance, Engineering, and Operational Activities,
- Prepare specifications, quality control and inspection plans, and start-up procedures for projects and new installations,
- Advise on equipment purchases and assign asset criticality and failure modes,
- Calculate lifecycle cost of ownership,
- Develop operational and maintenance procedures and guidelines to mitigate future failures,
- Develop and train other resources through knowledge sharing and proposing training plans,
- Additional Activities,
- Advise on materials purchases and inventory levels based on failure data,
- Perform gap analysis on current procedures against best practices,
- Maintain relationships with West Fraser peers, vendors, and training providers,
- Stay current on state of industry through training and participation on corporate-lead initiatives,
- Manage small projects and supervise contractors.
Our highly competitive compensation package includes:
- Core Values,
- Aligned with West Fraser’s core values of Safety, Respect, Integrity, Competitiveness, Frugality, Humility, Teamwork, and Having Fun at work,
- Communication Skills,
- Must be able to translate and communicate technical specifications, concepts or objectives to a variety of audiences,
- Presentation skills,
- Strong written communication skills are required for preparing reports and proposals,
- Technical Expertise and Experience,
- Understanding of statistics,
- Experience working in industrial or production facilities,
- Ability to learn and understand pulp production process, effluent treatment process, and other facility’ systems,
- Problem solving, troubleshooting, and optimization skillset,
- Education and Training,
- Completion of an engineering degree from an accredited university,
- Technologists with a diploma in mechanical or electrical engineering technology with relevant work experience will be considered,
- Microsoft Office suite with high-level proficiency in Excel,
- Experience using Maximo or other computerized maintenance management systems,
- Training in Lean, Six Sigma/DMAIC, 5S, Benchmarking or other improvement methodologies,
- Already obtained or willing to work towards Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) designation, Professional Engineer (P.Eng), or other applicable designations.
- Competitive base salary with annual bonus opportunity
- Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, pension, life insurance, disability, accident insurance, vacation, and holidays
Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.About West Fraser:
West Fraser is a leading forest products company. We are listed on the TSX, NYSE, and recognized for the eighth time, as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers. Our goals are straightforward - leadership through safety, profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States, and Europe. We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
Apply now at www.westfraser.com/jobs and discover more about our current opportunities!
Discover more about West Fraser’s current initiatives, opportunities, and more, by visiting us on LinkedIn and Facebook.Leadership through safety, profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.