Release QA Engineer 2 (CARD2398)
Reference ID: %7B2742E319-FE20-4FBB-9588-A0077E22D904%7D
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Fortinet is looking for Release QA Engineers to join the FortiClient QA Team, which is an endpoint security product for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Android OS, and Apple iOS.
As a Release QA Engineer, you will be working on release testing of FortiClient, which integrates with our various Fortinet products including the FortiGate, FortiAnalyzer, FortiManager, FortiSandbox and FortiGuard Distribution Network (FDN). These positions offer candidates experience in working with each of these technologies. The positions entail challenges that vary from day to day, as new technologies and ideas come up in the computer and networking industry that requires to be monitored and protected.
* Run manual release testing of FortiClient
* Setup and maintain various test systems involving multiple network components, using physical or virtual machines (VM)
* Run and review results of regression test systems
* Implement and maintain automated test software using Perl or Python scripting language
* Create test reports in internal tracking systems
* Monitor and handle customer responses and issues
* Continuously review and report best-practises in the industry
* Work with other Fortinet products: FortiGate, FortiAnalyser, FortiManager, FortiSandbox, etc.
Job Skills Required:
* Experience with network administration
* Experience with Linux, Windows or Mac OS X administration
* Experience with programming or scripting skills (Perl, Python, Ruby, Tcl, Bash, etc.)
* Knowledge of databases (MySQL, Postgres SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, etc.)
* Familiarity with QA processes
* Creating test cases
* Running test cases
* Setting up test environments
* Reproducing reported product issues
* Regression testing
* Creating bug reports
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or similar disciplines
* Two or more years of related work experience, or a related coop experience, will be an advantage
Posted: June 17, 2018
Closes: August 16, 2018