As a result of our expanding FortiClient product and feature-sets Fortinet is looking for Release QA Analysts to join our Release QA Group in Burnaby! FortiClient is a multi-platform endpoint security product which integrates with various Fortinet products including the FortiGate, FortiAnalyzer, FortiManager, FortiSandbox and FortiGuard Distribution Network.Technical Job Duties:
Writing Job Duties:
- Execute regression testing on Fortinet based products using a combination of manual and auto testing techniques. Create, maintain, and execute test specifications and test cases
- Write and maintain automation scripts
- Identify, document, and track software defects found during testing
- Work closely with developers to ensure defects are correctly identified and fixed
Job Experience Required:
- Work closely with Developers, QA, Product Managers, and others to understand new features, use cases, and customer scenarios.
- Document & publish release notes, user guides, reference materials and use case scenarios for new product releases.
- 3 - 5 years of software testing experience.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, routing, DNS, DHCP, routing and switching
- Working experience on Virtual machine environment, i.e VMware / ESXi, Hypervisor
- Demonstrated knowledge of firewalls, Linux, Sniff, or Ethereal
- Strong knowledge of IPSec, SSL VPN, data encryption and authentication
- Knowledge of general QA procedures and methodologies, as well as software development fundamentals
- Experience configuring, installing, and troubleshooting PC/server software and hardware in a Windows and Unix environment
- Demonstrated ability to logically and analytically troubleshoot software
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and communicate well with other departments
- Ability to work on assigned tasks under tight time constraints
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and reproducible problem reports, and test results
- Demonstrated skills in scripting languages, such as shell, TCL, PERL or Python are considered assets
- Demonstrated writing skills.
- Knowledge of database is considered an asset
- Knowledge of JSON API is considered an asset
- A degree or technical diploma in Computer Science, Computer Technology, or related field
Software and Programming Information Technology