Our client, an independent regulatory agency of the Provincial Government, is currently looking for a number of Regulatory Engineers to join the organization. Reporting to the Director of Facilities and Planning, the Regulatory Engineers are responsible for providing professional engineering expertise in the areas of analysis and regulation and to facilitate the decision-making process for relevant applications.
- Review and analyze applications, assess needs/justification, compile all relevant materials, source expert opinions
- Establish draft and final regulatory timetables for hearings including drafting and / or validating technical details and managing participant involvement in hearings and other proceedings
- Monitor existing and proposed regulatory conditions and policies in other jurisdictions; perform critical analyses on the potential impacts of change; drafts reports for submission to government;
- Perform other related duties (e.g. investigates customer complaints involving technical issues or project construction issues)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor and /or Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Member in good standing as a Professional Engineer in BC or eligible for BC P.Eng. registration
- 7-10 years post-graduation engineering experience
- Experience working in progressively responsible roles providing engineering analysis/design and project management expertise
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation/ facilitation and inter-personal skills
- Analytical, judgment, persuasion and consensus building abilities where there are competing interests
- Ability to work well in a non-hierarchical, matrix team structure
- Strong office software skills (Excel/Word/PowerPoint, Outlook).
Salary in the 95 to 105k range plus comprehensive benefits package. Please send your resume to the attention of Peggy Blumenthal.
Posted: November 13, 2018
Closes: January 12, 2019