Position Title Regular Probationary Instructor -- Communication and Media Studies Posting Number 00366F Location New Westminster/Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Salary Range In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Position Type Faculty - Probationary Regular Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Regular Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Faculty Start Date 01/03/2022 End Date Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
The Communications Department is currently seeking to hire one full-time probationary regular instructor qualified to teach courses in communication and media studies.
For the 2022 calendar year Winter semester, there are four courses planned.
This position requires instruction in:
CMNS 1220: Communication and Social Change
CMNS 1221: Introduction to Media and Communication
CMNS 2200: Global Media and Communication
CMNS 2223: New Media and Society
Workload is assigned each year based on available sections. We anticipate having 8 sections available with four courses in Winter, a non-teaching semester in Summer and four courses in Fall.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
Probationary Regular Instructor in Communication and Media StudiesResponsibilities
As a probationary regular instructor in communication and media studies, you will be responsible for:
- developing course outlines following the Curriculum Guidelines,
- selecting and creating appropriate teaching materials (including textbooks and reading materials),
- delivering quality learner-centred instruction,
- designing assignments and assessment criteria,
- evaluating student progress,
- holding regular office hours,
-participating in curriculum revisions and development,
- attending departmental and Faculty-wide meetings,
- sharing in department and Faculty-wide responsibilities, and
- maintaining currency in the field through regular professional development.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
Successful applicants will have:
- a minimum of a Master's degree in Communication or related field, PhD preferred
- a minimum of two years of experience teaching courses in Communication and Media Studies at the post-secondary level,
- demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of and expertise in current theories in Media and Cultural Studies,
- demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a collegial and respectful manner,
- demonstrated engagement in administrative service, and
- evidence of currency in and engagement with relevant professional and academic initiatives and activities.
Link to Full Position Profile Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Open Date 10/05/2021 Close Date 10/19/2021 Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying. Please review the curriculum guidelines for courses in Communication and Media Studies on the College's website under Communications ( CMNS ), here: https://www.douglascollege.ca/courses/ CMNS . The date of first review is October 20, 2021 and we anticipate doing interviews during the first week of November 2021. All candidates selected for interview will need to send original certificates and diplomas of educational credentials noted on their resume. Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/8221
Education and Training