Position Title Regular Probationary Faculty - Vocational Education & Skills Training Posting Number 00179F Location New Westminster/Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Salary Range In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Position Type Faculty - Probationary Regular Posting Type External Regular/Temporary Regular Employment Type Part Time Posting Category Faculty Start Date 08/16/2019 End Date Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
The VEST Department in the Faculty of Child, Family and Community Studies at Douglas College is hiring a part-time regular instructor, to begin August 16, 2019.
Workload is assigned each year based on available sections.
The primary place of work will be both the NW and Coquitlam Campus'.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
This position will instruct students, facilitate learning and evaluate student progress in the three BOE programs. The Instructor will plan, organize and teach learning activities with the support of Instructional Facilitators. The position will also provide academic advice to learners and maintain quality learner-centered instruction.Responsibilities
This position involves the following duties:
1. Intake assessments & evaluation of applicants.
2. Design, develop and deliver curriculum.
3. Monitor and assess student performance in class and on practicum/work experience.
4. Liaise with community partners to develop opportunities for practicum placements that meet student instructional goals.
5. When required, design, develop and deliver online resources.
6. Recruitment and community liaison.
7. Conduct on campus information sessions with prospective students/family members.
8. Prepare Adult Upgrading Grant forms.
9. Work with any student conduct issues or complaints.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
The successful candidate will have:
1. Masters Degree required (PhD preferred) in a related field (e.g. Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Disability Studies or Vocational Rehabilitation).
2. Experience working with people with barriers.
3. Demonstrated effective interpersonal and cooperative team skills.
4. Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
5. Demonstrated self-direction, initiative and creativity.
6. Detail oriented in order to manage the day to day operations of the program.
7. Responsive to student issues, concerns and enquiries.
Link to Full Position Profile
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 06/21/2019 Close Date 07/08/2019 Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must ensure that a resume and cover letter are submitted online by 4:30pm on July 8, 2019. This posting will remain open until filled with a first review date of July 8, 2019.
Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying. All candidates selected for an interview will need to provide original sealed transcripts for educational credentials noted on their resume.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting http://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/4589
Education and Training