Position Title Regular Probationary Faculty - Nursing Posting Number 00305F Location Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Salary Range In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Position Type Faculty - Regular Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Regular Employment Type Full-Time and Part-Time Posting Category Faculty Start Date 08/16/2021 End Date Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Teaching will occur at the Coquitlam Campus and nursing practice (clinical) can occur at any agency within the Lower Mainland.
Workload is assigned each year based on available sections
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
Faculty will teach medical-surgical nursing in theory, lab, and/or nursing practice.
Faculty will teach mental health nursing in theory, lab, and or nursing practice.Responsibilities
You will instruct students, facilitate learning and evaluate student progress in College courses.
You will plan, organize and manage learning activities and resources, provide academic advice to learners and maintain quality learner centered instruction.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
• Current practicing licensure with BCCNM
• Master's degree in Nursing. PhD in Nursing or a related field is preferred
• Minimum of five (5) years of practice in medical-surgical nursing practice OR mental health nursing
• Recent teaching experience
• Experience in curriculum development and evaluation an asset
• Effective interpersonal skills, initiative and creativity
• Self-directedness, strong work ethic, and excellent writing ability
• Ability to collaborate and contribute effectively to team activities
• Evidence of scholarship (e.g. research, publishing, conference presentations, professional committee involvement, community service)
• Evidence of ongoing professional development (e.g. attendance at conferences, course work, in-services)
•Satisfactory current references
Link to Full Position Profile Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Open Date 04/13/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must ensure that a resume and cover letter is submitted online and received by 4:30 p.m. on May 7, 2021.
Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying. We anticipate interviewing in the month of May 2021. All candidates selected for interview will need to provide original sealed transcripts for educational credentials noted on their resume.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/7276
Education and Training