Position Title Regular Probationary Faculty - Electronic Assembly Posting Number 00521F Location New Westminster Campus Grade or Pay Level In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Salary Range In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Position Type Faculty - Probationary Regular Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Regular Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Faculty Start Date 08/16/2023 End Date Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable learning and working environment. In support of this journey, we welcome all people to apply, including people from groups that are experiencing inequity, including, but not limited, to Indigenous Peoples, racialized or persons of colour, persons with mental or physical disabilities, persons who identify as women, and/or persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and persons of all faith identities, age, marital status, and parental status.
The VEST program in the Faculty of Applied Community Studies at Douglas College is hiring a full-time regular instructor in Electronic Assembly (EA) to begin August 21st 2023. The primary place of work is the New Westminster Campus.
Workload is assigned each year based on available sections.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The EA faculty member will provide high quality, learner centered instruction and evaluate student progress in the program. The instructor will design, develop and deliver electronic assembly curriculum and support students on practicum placements. This position will also provide academic and career advice to students.Responsibilities
This position involves the following responsibilities:
1. Assist students with application, intake and registration into the program.
2. Design, develop and deliver curriculum.
3. Monitor and assess student performance in class and on practicum/work experience.
4. Liaise with community partners to develop opportunities for practicum placements that meet student goals.
5. Conduct on/off campus information sessions with prospective students/family members when required.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
| The successful candidate will have:
1. Post-secondary education (e.g. Bachelor or Education, MA or PhD). A diploma at a recognized institute (e.g. BCIT , VCC , OCC ) in Technology Teacher Education program (ie. Woodwork, Electronics and Bike Mechanics) preferred. 2. Experience with soldering and wire assembly or willingness to take further training. 3. Experience in creating UDL material/training for a neurodivergent group.
2. Experience working with people with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
3. Demonstrated effective interpersonal and cooperative team skills.
4. Demonstrated self-direction, initiative and creativity.
5. Detail oriented in order to manage the day to day operations of the program.
6. Responsive to student issues, concerns and enquiries.
Link to Full Position Profile Needs a Criminal Records Check Yes
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 05/09/2023 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must ensure that a resume and cover letter are submitted online by 4:30pm on Tuesday May 23, 2023. This posting will remain open until filled with a first review date of Thursday May 25, 2023.
If you have any questions about the position, please email, Jonathon Davies, Associate Dean of the Faculty of Applied Community Studies at email@example.com
Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide all valid, original transcripts, credentials and documents noted on their resume.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/10757
Education and Training