Position Title Regular Probationary Faculty - Business Law Posting Number 00464F Location New Westminster/Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Salary Range In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Position Type Faculty - Probationary Regular Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Regular Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Faculty Start Date 12/16/2022 End Date Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable learning and working environment. In support of this journey, we welcome all people to apply, including people from groups that are experiencing inequity, including, but not limited, to Indigenous Peoples, racialized or persons of colour, persons with mental or physical disabilities, persons who identify as women, and/or persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and persons of all faith identities, age, marital status, and parental status.
This faculty position will be available starting in the winter 2023 semester. The candidate may be required to teach days, evenings, and/or Saturdays, at our New Westminster and Coquitlam campuses.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Faculty of Commerce & Business Administration is seeking a Probationary Regular Business Law instructor beginning in January 2023 for the Winter semester.Responsibilities
The successful candidate will instruct students, facilitate learning and evaluate student progress in College courses. The incumbent will plan, organize and manage learning activities and resources, provide academic advice to learners, maintain quality learner-centered instruction, and will perform other related duties as required.
The successful candidate must be fully prepared to teach Introductory Business Law ( BLAW 1320), and at least two of the following:
- Fundamentals of International Trade Law ( BLAW 3700);
- Sales and Marketing Law ( BLAW 3710);
- Corporate and Financial Planning Law ( BLAW 3730);
- Employment Law ( BLAW 3750);
- Labour Relations ( BLAW 3760);
- Real Estate Law ( BLAW 3770);
- Negotiation Skills ( BLAW 3780); or
- Procurement Law and -Contractual Interpretation ( BLAW 4720).
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
Candidates must meet the minimum qualifications set out in EITHER Stream 'A' OR Stream 'B'
Minimum Qualifications for Stream 'A' Applicants:
- To possess a LLB or JD plus MBA or Masters Degree, ABD or PhD in the discipline or related field;
- a combination of three years working experience and/or teaching experience relating to
- membership in the Law Society of BC.
Minimum Qualifications for Stream 'B' Applicants:
- To possess a LLB or JD;
- a combination of five years working experience and/or teaching experience relating to business
- membership in the Law Society of BC.
Additional Minimum Qualifications for both Stream 'A' and Stream 'B' Applicants:
- To demonstrate a high level of legal knowledge obtained either from the candidate's education
- To possess a Bachelor of Laws ( LLB or JD) degree from a recognized institution.
- To demonstrate an excellent ability to teach business law topics at the post-secondary level.
- To work cooperatively with colleagues in a team environment.
- To demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- To possess working knowledge of computer applications and educational technologies.
- Previous teaching experience is considered an asset.
Link to Full Position Profile Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 09/14/2022 Close Date 09/29/2022 Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must ensure that a resume, cover letter and proof of credentials are submitted online.
Please ensure your cover letter and resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying.
All candidates selected for interview have to provide original sealed transcripts of the educational credentials noted on their resume.
Interviews will be conducted in person. The College's Covid-19 protocols will be observed.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/9835
Education and Training