Position Title Regular Probationary Faculty - Business Law Posting Number 00365F Location New Westminster/Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Salary Range In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Position Type Faculty - Probationary Regular Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Regular Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Faculty Start Date 12/15/2021 End Date Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Workload is assigned each year based on available sections. The candidate will be required to teach days and/or evenings at either our New Westminster or Coquitlam campus.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Faculty of Commerce & Business Administration is seeking probationary regular instructor for the winter and summer semesters of the 2021/22 academic year. Responsibilities
The successful candidate will instruct students, facilitate learning and evaluate student progress in College courses. The incumbent will plan, organize and manage learning activities and resources, provide academic advice to learners, maintain quality learner-centered instruction, and will perform other related duties as required.
The successful candidate must be fully prepared to teach Introductory Business Law ( BLAW 1320), Procurement Law and Contract Interpretation ( BLAW 4720), and at least two of the following:
- Fundamentals of International Trade Law ( BLAW 3700);
- Corporate and Financial Planning Law ( BLAW 3730);
- Employment Law ( BLAW 3750);
- Labour Relations ( BLAW 3760);
- Real Estate Law ( BLAW 3770).
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
- To possess a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B./JD) degree together with either a business related Master degree (i.e. MBA , Master of Finance, etc.), a Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree, or PhD in a business related and relevant discipline from a recognized institution.
- Three years relevant experience in the practice of law.
- To hold membership in the Law Society of British Columbia (includes practicing, non-practicing, retired, or former members).
- To demonstrate an excellent ability to teach Canadian business law topics at the post-secondary level with preference given to candidates with previous post-secondary teaching experience.
- To work cooperatively with colleagues in a team environment.
- To demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- To possess working knowledge of computer applications and educational technologies.
Link to Full Position Profile Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Open Date 09/28/2021 Close Date 10/13/2021 Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must ensure that a resume and cover letter and proof of credentials are submitted and received online.
Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying.
This position will remain open until filled with the first review date of October 13, 2021.
All candidates selected for interview will need to provide original sealed transcripts for educational credentials noted on their resume.
| Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/8229
Education and Training