Registry Clerk, Screening Programs - BC Cancer Vancouver
The Registry Clerk, Screening Programs performs a variety of duties such as data collection: coding, abstracting, entering, and maintaining data in the screening databases from laboratory reports, pathology reports, and hospital-based clinical information; supports cancer re-screening follow-up; supports quality assurance case reviews; and completes requests for client information in accordance with approved policies. In this role, you will:
- Perform diagnostic and follow-up procedural data capture from laboratory reports, pathology reports, and hospital-based clinical information in accordance with departmental standards and guidelines. Utilizes coding systems and resources as required to code and abstract diagnostic and procedural data. Inputs the data into the electronic Screening Registry databases.
- According to established procedures, identify and clarify errors and omissions; follow up on discrepancies by reviewing information on the available forms; telephoning, faxing or sending letters to hospitals or physicians' offices; and enter corrections into the Screening Program databases.
- Maintain and update client status and follow-up information in the Screening Registry databases to support client screening follow-up; utilizes sources such as returned and non-deliverable follow-up letters, communication from clients and/or physicians, BC Cancer Registry, Ministry of Health, and Vital Statistics.
- Maintain an Excel spreadsheet to summarize and track information.
- Determine the necessity to pursue further diagnostic information by reading reports and, based on report recommendations and departmental procedures, identifying whether clients are expected to have further diagnostic testing.
- Support quality assurance for case reviews by identifying cases for review in accordance with established criteria; includes requesting, assembling, entering data, and returning relevant materials (i.e. diagnostic films, summary printouts and reports) to external sources.
- Grade 12, medical terminology
- One (1) year's recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
If this sounds like you, apply now! About Us
- Ability to keyboard at 50 w.p.m.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). PHSA provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self. To learn more about the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project, please visit:
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Attn: PHSA Employees:
- Regular, Full-Time
- Wage: $22.09 per hour
- Monday to Friday; 08:30-16:30
- 686 W Broadway, Vancouver, BC V5Z 1G1
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.