Registration/Booking Clerk, Cardiac Clinics
BC Children's Hospital
Vancouver, BC As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Registration/Booking Clerk performs a variety of clerical and patient related activities including scheduling and booking of patient appointments, processing of referrals; performing reception, admitting and patient registration duties; and maintaining databases, records and other patient information. What you'll do
What you bring
- Utilizing a computerized scheduling system, schedule and book patient appointments and follow-up appointments which includes booking complex interdisciplinary appointments, adjusting arrangements in accordance with patient and departmental requirements and notifying both patient and clinician, ensuring that appropriate date, time, and location are provided to patient, and placing appointment reminder calls to patients/families.
- Receive and register patients within a computerized scheduling system upon arrival.
- Ensure patient demographics and appropriate information is complete and accurate and follow up with appropriate parties as necessary. Advise appropriate professional that the patient has arrived.
- Perform receptionist and other clerical duties including answering telephones, responding to inquiries and requests for information, obtaining patient files as necessary, greeting patients and families, printing daily and/or monthly schedules, and forwarding problems and complex queries to appropriate personnel.
- Assemble and maintain client charts by utilizing appropriate forms and layout in accordance with established procedures and filing documentation. Telephone physicians' offices or hospitals to request client information/documentation to ensure accuracy of records and charts.
- Perform referral functions including duties such as gathering additional/missing information, performing data entry, and receiving and processing related paperwork.
- Schedule new referrals based on established criteria and works with physicians, clinic nurses and other allied health professionals to appropriately schedule referrals based on clinical indicators.
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Two (2) years' recent experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
You are able to:
What we bring
- Keyboard 45 w.p.m.
- Possess knowledge of medical terminology
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Organize work.
- Operate related equipment.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our S a n'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $23.40 per hour
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC, V6H 2N9
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 0730-1530hrs
128348E What we do
BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children from across British Columbia.
BCCH is part of the The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services .
PHSA and BCCH are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of June 17, 2022
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.