Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated registered nurse with a real passion for delivering compassionate patient care to join our Surgical Services Program.
Fraser Health is BC's largest and fastest growing health authority. Over 25,000 employees, 2,900 physicians and 8,000 volunteers provide services that range from acute care to community-based long-term care, home, mental and public health to 1.8 million people - 1/3 of British Columbia's population.
We have positive and caring work environments where you can bring your real passion for nursing to the role and be part of our fast-growing team. In this role, you will care for patients with a wide range of diagnoses and conditions. Most importantly, you will teach our complex patients to lead their own care to become as independent as possible.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Providing and coordinating pre and post-operative nursing care
- Assisting with surgical and interventional procedures
- Working collaboratively with the inter-professional care team
- Teaching patients and families/care givers about illness prevention, health restoration and health maintenance to help patients accomplish their health care goals
- Coordinating nursing care for the patient; setting priorities, assigning and delegating tasks to support staff, and making referrals to the interprofessional care team according to established protocols and practice standards
- Participating in research and quality improvement activities
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduation from an approved school of Nursing
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Two (2) years recent relevant clinical experience in the designated clinical area and completion of post graduate course work and/or certification applicable to the designated clinical area, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
This role is a casual position located at ERH in Port Moody, BC. ERH is a 154-beds hospital in Port Moody, BC, offering medical, surgical, regional rehabilitation, cardiac and diabetes outpatient programs, as well as 24/7 Emergency services with 51,237 visits annually. Port Moody is a vibrant waterfront community with a unique small-town feel in a metropolitan setting. Over 40% of the community is dedicated to parkland - a haven for outdoor enthusiasts.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.