Do you have a passion for Perioperative nursing? Are you wondering what it's like to be a nurse in the Operating Room? Watch Janice's story (link: Janice's Story )
We are seeking a Registered Nurse with a real dedication for delivering compassionate care to join our Operating Room at Ridge Meadows Hospital in Maple Ridge, BC.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka'pamux Nations.
Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for perioperative nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team providing a range of different surgical interventions.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Delivering direct nursing care to patients within the Operating Room
- Assessing patients physical and psycho-social needs
- Evaluating and coordinating nursing care and performing scrubbing and circulating duties
- Participating in identifying and reducing risk factors that may impact patient care
- Participating as an active member on nursing and hospital committees and councils for improvement of patient care and/or work environment.
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduated from an approved School of Nursing
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Recent 1 year relevant clinical nursing experience in the designated clinical area
- Completion of post graduate course work and/or certification applicable to the Operating Room setting.
This role is a relief part-time position located at Ridge Meadows Hospital in Maple Ridge, BC. Maple Ridge is a perfect balance of urban sophistication and country splendour. It is a community experiencing dynamic progress. The new Golden Ears and Pitt River Bridges puts Maple Ridge in the heart of regional transportation corridors.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are excellent in their respective fields. We are proud of the innovation, dedication, partnership and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Be a part of our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Apply today and take the next step in your career, so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and aim to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.