Under the direction of the Team Leader of the Specialized Services ICMT the Substance Use Outreach Nurse works. In collaboration with the interprofessional team including Physicians, Nurses, Mobile Support Teams, and other health care providers, to provide flexible, community based services that are designed to promote the stability, recovery and community reintegration of individuals who have a mental illness and substance use issues. The Substance Use Outreach Nurse coordinates and provides, in a compassionate and responsible manner, assessment, crises intervention and follow-up services to clients and identified supports as required The Substance Use Outreach Nurse collaborates with all teams to provide expertise in development of treatment plans for clients with complex substance use and mental illnesses utilizing a Harm Reduction and Person and Family Centered care approaches. The Substance Use Outreach Nurse performs all routine team responsibilities including lead responsibility for integrating concurrent treatment with the tasks of other team members. Qualifications
Current practicing registration with the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse is required. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or Health Sciences (Psychiatric Nursing), completion of post basic specialty nursing certificate/program if applicable and three (3) years' recent, related experience in the designated specialized clinical area, including experience in crisis intervention when applicable to the job, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Valid BC Driver's License and access to personal vehicle for local area travel may be required.Skills and Abilities:
- Assessment and Treatment: Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) through appropriate/prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
- Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
- Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
- Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written, computer communication means. Ability to effectively apply conflict resolution skills..
- Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
- Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice: Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitivity to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
- Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team and collaborates across disciplines. Demonstrated ability to provide clinical leadership and work direction.
- Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement and empowerment. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovation, implementation of NH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
- Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
- Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Knowledge of and skills in community development,
- Class 5 driver's license - may be required to provide own vehicle for work purposes.
View Fort St. John Community