Reporting to the Clinical Coordinator of the Operating Room, the staff nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and nursing practice activities within the frame work of quality management and in accordance with the Prince Rupert Regional Hospital mission statement. The role is defined by the needs of the Hospital, a select patient/family population, agency expectations and the goals for professional nursing practice. Qualifications
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant.
- Completion of a post-graduate perioperative nursing course, or two (2) years recent experience in an equivalent setting with a minimum of two (2) years of OR/PARR Nursing experience.SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to promote safe, competent, patient care.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the health care team.
- Ability to communicate, and maintain good public relations with family and friends of patients.
- Ability to recognize and intervene appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
View Prince Rupert Community