Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team and take advantage of this training opportunity.AWHONN POEP Training Program Details
• There are training positions available for this intake
• Northern Health provides placement support and funding for tuition, textbooks, and travel expenses for clinical placements, as required
• Learners should expect to make a 3-4 month commitment for this education, which includes online and in-person learning
• Additional study time, outside of scheduled hours, may be required to successfully complete the program
• Flexibility for practicums is necessary
• Applicants must successfully complete the education program prior to working in the department
• Applicants must be agreeable to an 18 month return of service with Northern Health in the specialty area where training was provided
Under the direction of the Maternity Unit Head Nurse, provides appropriate nursing care to patients as assigned.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days, Evenings - 07:00 to 15:00, 15:00 to 07:00Fort St. John Hospital and Health Centre
is a 46-bed hospital with 115 residential care beds in the adjoining Peace Villa Care Home. They have two state of the art operating rooms, ambulatory clinics including cancer care and hemodialysis, emergency and ICU, a birthing centre with single maternity rooms for labour, delivery and post-partum.Fort St. John
is located above the Peace River Valley, and has a diverse population of 21,000 (2021) and serves an area of approximately 69,000. The friendly, small town feel comes with big city amenities and a vibrant arts community. Check out Fort St. John for more information on what this energetic community has to offer.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" offered through the Federal and BC Government Qualifications
• Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
• Must have successfully completed post-graduate course in obstetrics.
• Current C.P.R., I.V. Therapy and Blood Glucose Monitoring and Neonatal Resuscitation and Obstetrical examination Certificates mandatory.
• Two (2) years continuous full-time experience on an obstetrical unit including labour and delivery.Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with others effectively.
• Demonstrated physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment such as blood pressure and oxygen saturation and fatal monitors.
• Demonstrated knowledge of specialized procedures and techniques such as induction of labour, obstetrical examination and assessment and fetal monitoring.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.