Looking for a job that will allow you to combine your clinical expertise and your proven leadership skills? Are you passionate about building an engaging environment that supports and challenges others to achieve their goals? We can offer you an exciting opportunity for a Site Leader in our Acute Bed Access Unit located at Surrey Memorial Hospital (SMH).
Fraser Health is BC's largest and fastest growing health authority. Over 26,000 employees, 2,900 physicians and 6,500 volunteers provide a wide range of integrated health care services to over 1.8 million people living in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley - 1/3 of British Columbia's population.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and residential care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for nursing leadership and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team providing a range of different surgical services.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Overseeing and coordinating the effective and efficient delivery of direct patient/resident care
- Providing leadership to Patient Care Coordinators and/or Charge Nurses; making critical decisions and resolving complex problems which impact patient/resident care and safety
- Assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of patient/resident placement, patient flow and bed utilization and recommending areas for improvement
- Liaising with the Access Coordinator and BC Bedline to facilitate patient/resident transfers
- Participating in the development, implementation and evaluation of policies, procedures, protocols and standards related to patient care.
- Collaborating with the interprofessional care team in identifying quality improvement opportunities and standard methodologies
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an approved School of Nursing.
- Five (5) years' recent, relevant, acute care experience, including a minimum of two (2) years' experience in a supervisory and/or administrative capacity.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
This role is a casual position located at Surrey Memorial Hospital (SMH) in Surrey, BC. SMH is a 611 acute care bed, University of B.C. affiliated, regional referral and community teaching hospital that has the busiest emergency in B.C. Surrey is one of Canada's fastest growing cities and its land mass makes it the largest city in the province. Known as the City of Parks, Surrey has over 6,000 acres of parkland and 15 golf courses and driving ranges. Despite rapid growth, Surrey has held onto the rural flavour of its past, with about 35 per cent of its land designated as agricultural and still actively farmed.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We are proud of the innovation, dedication, teamwork and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Are you looking to transform your practice to a new level and join a team and an organization that prides itself on building an excellent work place?
Does this sound like the perfect role for you? Apply today and take the next step in your career so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.