Registered Nurse (RN) / Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) - Mental Health and Substance Use Nurse
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services
Oliver, BC As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021. What you'll do
What you bring
- Provide direct mental health and substance use care to clients presenting with a wide variety and complexity of illnesses/diseases including communicable diseases, addictions, mental health and general health issues. Performs physical, addiction and psychiatric assessments, collects specimens, refers clients to the physician for further examination, administers prescribed treatments and medications according to protocols and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Observe, monitor, evaluate, assesses and documents client progress, symptoms, and behavioral changes and performs a variety of mental health and substance use interventions utilizing nursing skills and medical equipment including therapeutic interventions using a variety of modalities. Initiates and facilitates discharge planning; identifies referrals to other health professionals.
- Provide counselling, education and group programming support to clients using a trauma informed, motivational and health promotion approach regarding mental health and substance use issues and concerns.
- Work collaboratively with other health care professionals, client, family and community in the identification and resolution of mental health and substance use issues, cultural and language barriers, ethical dilemmas and coordination and integration of care, and makes referrals to other service providers as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate computerized and paper records in accordance with established procedures and policies; prepares and maintains statistical information, correspondence, reports and other documentation. Documents client/family perspectives and nursing observations.
What we bring
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College or Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Two 2 years' recent experience providing acute or community health nursing care/services to clients who have concurrent psychiatric and/or mental health and substance use disorders or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Working knowledge of community health nursing theory including mental health and addictions, communicable diseases and practice within a client/family -centered approach.
- Knowledge of the BC Mental Health Act, other facilities and community resources.
- Working knowledge of facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution techniques. Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Job Type: Temporary, Full-Time until May 28 2023 (1.00 FTE).
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $36.23 to $47.58.
Location: 200 Enterprise Way, Oliver, BC V0H 1T2
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: 0800-1600; Monday - Friday.
Requisition # 126450 What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
BCMHSUS is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCMHSUS are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of May 8, 2022
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.