Registered Nurse (RN) / Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) - Nursing Resource Team BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services Coquitlam, BC As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021. The Red Fish Healing Centre for Mental Health and Addiction
, is a leading-edge facility that treats people with the most complex mental health and addictions challenges in B.C. Located on the historic Riverview Lands in Coquitlam, the virtually-enabled,105-bed facility will welcome its first patients in the fall of 2021. The Red Fish Healing Centre is purpose-built for mental illness and addiction treatment, with therapeutic design elements that go hand-in-hand with a new, evidence-based model of care that represents decades of experience, expertise and research. Red Fish is replacing The Burnaby Centre for Mental Health & Addiction. Both are operated by BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services, which is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority. Learn more about Our Promise at Red Fish in this video . What you do
What you bring
- Provide nursing care to individuals with concurrent psychiatric and/or substance abuse/misuse disorders, homelessness and physical health needs.
- Provide direct health care services to clients presenting with a wide variety and complexity of acute and chronic illnesses/diseases including communicable diseases, addictions, mental health and general health issues.
- Perform physical, addiction and psychiatric assessments.
- Refer clients to the physician for further examination, administer prescribed treatments and medications.
- Observe, monitor, evaluate and document client progress, symptoms, and behavioral changes and perform a variety of health care interventions.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Psychiatric Nurse or as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
- Two (2) years' recent experience providing acute or community health nursing care/services to clients who have concurrent psychiatric and/or substance abuse/misuse disorders or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
We encourage new nurse graduates to apply!
You will have knowledge of:
What we bring
- Community health nursing theory including mental health and addictions, communicable diseases and practice within a client/family-centered approach.
- British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) Standards for Nursing Practice.
- BC Mental Health Act, other facilities and community resources.
- Facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution techniques. Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events
- Case management, teaching/training, clinical support and consultation skills.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular, Full-Time - Three (3) Opportunities! Wage:
$36.23 to $47.58 per hour Location:
2745 Lougheed Hwy, Coquitlam, BC V3C 4J2 Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Hours of Work:
Rotating days; 0700-1900/1900-0700 Requisition #
117472, 117473 & 117476 What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
BCMHSUS is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCMHSUS are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of November 12, 2021
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.