Registered Nurse Oncology Chemo - BC Cancer Surrey $36.21/hr. - $47.58/hr. What you'll do
What you bring
- Provide direct patient care to Oncology patients by performing duties such as patient assessment, reviewing patient and family history and developing and implementing a nursing care plan specific to the patient needs considering psychosocial, cultural, ethnic contexts. Deliver treatment as per prescribed protocols.
- Collaborate with patients, family and multidisciplinary team members to develop treatment/care plan for the patient and through ongoing assessment, assists in the modification of the treatment/care plan as the patient progresses through the stages of care.
- Administer medications, injections, blood products and IV fluids as required by the care plan. Monitor patient reactions to treatment and changes in physical or mental status and uses independent judgment as to when to consult a physician.
- Maintain patient records by collecting and documenting patient information and health care history, nursing assessment, telephone communications, symptom and side effect management, patient and family education and care evaluations.
- Admit, transfer or discharge patients according to BC Cancer policies and Centre directives.
- Assist the patient in interpretation of their care plan. Refer patients to other health care professionals and programs in the agency and in the community health services as required.
- Maintain a safe environment for patients, families, and staff by adhering to emergency procedures and safety policies and standards.
You will have the ability to:
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as an RN wi th the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM), formally known as British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Current CPR (Level C) certification.
- One (1) year of recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrate relevant clinical knowledge.
- Apply clinical knowledge in practice.
- Utilize clinical and information technology to enhance patient care in accordance with agency policies.
- Use communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with patients, the public and all levels of staff both verbally and in writing.
- Organize patient care and set priorities.
- Physically perform duties of the position.
Watch this video to learn about being a nurse at BC Cancer
Need more information? Contact Gurdeep Gill, Talent Acquisition Advisor at email@example.com . What's in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Temporary Full Time Start Date: May 25, 2021 - End Date: October 1, 2021 Wage: $36.21/hr. - $47.58/hr.
- Chemotherapy certification provided by BC Cancer
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan if eligible.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
13750 - 96th Avenue, Surrey
Monday - Friday - 0800-1600/0900-1700 or as operationally required Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Requisition: 108786 What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of May 21, 2021
If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.