Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team at University Hospital of Northern BC (UHNBC).
Reporting to the Manager, Maternal Services, the staff nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and nursing practice activities within the frame work of quality management and in accordance with the University Hospital of Northern British Columbia mission statement. The role is defined by the needs of the Hospital, a select patient/family population, agency expectations and the goals for professional nursing practice.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days, Nights - 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00, RotatingUniversity Hospital of Northern BC (UHNBC)
is the largest Acute Care facility within the Northern Health region, and a hub for specialized health services. It's also a teaching hospital:
• Provides undergraduate physician training through the Northern Medical Program, run by the University of British Columbia and University of Northern British Columbia.
• Hosts residents in UBC's Family Practice Residency Program
• Is a key clinical education site for nursing and many health sciences students at UNBC, the College of New Caledonia, BCIT and other institutions.
UHNBC has benefited from nearly $100 million in expansions, renovations and new equipment since 2001:
• Patient care addition with an expanded emergency room and updated ICU
• State-of-the-art maternal-child care centre (including a single room neonatal ICU)
• Facilities to accommodate undergraduate physician training
• MRI unit
UHNBC is also home to a cancer centre for Northern BC, featuring a wide range of cancer treatments including radiation therapy.Prince George
Prince George is the centre of business, education, health and culture for northern British Columbia and services a rural population of about 300,000. The region's economic growth and diversification strategies are creating outstanding opportunities for investors, employers and employees. Affordable housing, land prices and transportation costs, due to short and quick commutes; result in one of the lowest costs of living for a city of its size in the province. Additionally, wage rates fall above provincial averages, providing residents of Prince George with a high standard of living in one of BC's most beautiful regions. The city itself is the 4th largest in British Columbia and has a population of approximately 82,300 local residents and a service centre for nearly 320,000. It is built on the confluence of the Fraser and Nechako rivers. Prince George is the home of the University of Northern British Columbia - Canada's Green university. The warm, friendly and diverse population attests to a strong and dynamic community spirit. Check out Prince George for more information on what this community has to offer.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.IMPORTANT NOTE:
As part of your application process, you will need to upload the following documentation:
• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
• Registration number (if you are part of a regulated profession)
• Any supporting documents regarding education/qualifications for this position. Examples may include:
• Program certificates or diplomas
• High school/college/university transcripts etc.
• It is also recommended to provide a cover letter and resumeQualfications
• Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
• Postgraduate courses (within last five years) appropriate to service assignment or equivalent combination of training and experience.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Ability to promote safe, competent, patient care.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the health care team.
• Ability to communicate, and maintain good public relations with family and friends of patients.
• Ability to recognize and intervene appropriately in an emergency situation.
• Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
• Ability to operate related equipment.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.