Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team at Mills Memorial Hospital.
Provides and coordinates nursing care with current standards of nursing practice and the Clinical Specialty of Critical Care & Emergency/Ambulatory Care Nursing. Clinical experience to independently work in ICU and Emergency is required. Responsibilities include designated tasks on the Acute Care Unit as delegated by Head Nurse/ in-charge.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days, Nights - 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00, Rotating Mills Memorial Hospital
is a fully accredited 44-bed Acute Care facility and receives an average of 24,700 ER visits per year. Services include:
• 10-bed Psychiatric unit
• 3 surgical suites
• Three ICU beds
• Extensive Day Care service
• Community Cancer clinic
• Community based programs such as
• Chronic disease management
• Meals on wheels
• Diagnostic and specialist center
• CT and Nuclear Medicine services
A new hospital is opening soon! Learn more here: https://letstalk.northernhealth.ca/mmh Terrace
The thriving community of Terrace is northern living at its best. Snow-capped mountains, pristine glacier-fed rivers, lakes and streams all add to the beauty of this community. The main industries in Terrace are communications, transportation and natural resources. The population is approximately 12,700. There are nine elementary schools, four secondary schools, and Northwest Community College and a UNBC campus. Check out Terrace where there is always something new to experience.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.IMPORTANT NOTE:
As part of your application process, you will need to upload the following documentation:
• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
• Registration number (if you are part of a regulated profession)
• Any supporting documents regarding education/qualifications for this position. Examples may include:
• Program certificates or diplomas
• High school/college/university transcripts etc.
• It is also recommended to provide a cover letter and resumeQualfications
• Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
• Minimum two (2) years medical/surgical experience and/or Post Diploma Certificate in Critical Care and/or Emergency Nursing and/or equivalent combination of experience and training. Applicants without formal Emergency/Critical Care Training and/or equivalent experience will be expected to enroll in an Emergency or Critical Care Course within 6 months of receiving the job.
• CPR (Basic Life Support) certification.
• ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certification or willingness to complete within 1 year. Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to manage all equipment appropriate for the provision of care for patients admitted to the critical care and acute care units.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to work well on own with minimal supervision.
• Ability to assist in orientation of new personnel.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.