Registered Nurse, Endoscopy/Brachytherapy PARR, RT Program BC Cancer Abbotsford As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021. Casual Opportunities
You're on a professional mission to reduce the burden of cancer in your community, and with great hope, across the globe. A person-centred nursing professional, you remain steadfast in your efforts to support all individuals who are undergoing cancer care, along with their families and friends. Working with a team of health care colleagues who share your values of compassionate care and excellence through innovation makes all the difference in your work days, as you share the highs and lows with support, kindness, and excellence in care. What you'll do
What you bring
- Provide nursing care in accordance with the Nursing department's philosophy, conceptual framework, and standards of practice.
- Function as an endoscopy/PARR nurse for special procedures and post-operative recovery.
- Identify patient needs and consulting with members of other health care disciplines as necessary.
- Communicate patient-related information to health team members through documentation in the patient's chart and the provision of written and/or oral reports.
- Participate in interdisciplinary rounds.
- Admit, transfer, or discharge patients according to Agency policies and Clinic/Nursing department directives.
- Assist the patient in interpretation of the treatment plan and ensure patients and families are aware of services available at the Agency and in the community.
Need more information? Contact Gurdeep Gill, Talent Acquisition Advisor at email@example.com .
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing.
- Current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Two (2) years of recent related clinical nursing experience or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
- PARR Certification course or equivalent experience .
- Current CPR (Level C) Certification
Watch this video to learn about being a nurse at BC Cancer What's in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Casual Opportunites 32900 Marshall Road, Abbotsford, BC
- Comprehensive BC Cancer nursing orientation program.
- Find work-life balance with Monday-Friday, daytime shifts (with occasional Saturdays).
- Help us maintain the highest patient survival rate in Canada.
- Use state-of-the-art technology and the latest, evidence-based treatments.
- Be a respected member of Canada's collaborative leading oncology clinical teams.
- Grow your career through continuing education, ongoing professional development, and certification programs.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Monday to Friday; Daytime Hours, as per operational requirements What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.