Registered Nurse (RN), Ambulatory Care
Kelowna, BC As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
You are a strong-hearted, compassionate RN who is open to sharing patients' highs and lows, and who stays innovative in your approach to support, counsel, and to include patients and their families in decision making. As a dedicated health professional, your calling is to provide holistic nursing care to oncology patients during their cancer care experience, and you enjoy working in close collaboration with a team of colleagues who share your values and commitment to person-centred care as wise practice.
Watch this video to learn about being a nurse at BC Cancer What you'll do
Registered Nurses are valued members of the team, providing direct care and communication to patients along with their families, and working in collaboration with other disciplines on the health care team. Typical daily tasks will include but not be limited to the following:
What you bring
- Provide direct patient care to Oncology patients by performing duties such as patient assessment, reviewing patient and family history and developing and implementing a nursing care plan specific to the patient needs considering psychosocial, cultural, ethnic contexts. Deliver treatment as per prescribed protocols.
- Collaborate with patients, family and multidisciplinary team members to develop treatment/care plan for the patient and through ongoing assessment, assist in the modification of the treatment/care plan as the patient progresses through the stages of care.
- Administer medications, injections, blood products and IV fluids as required by the care plan. Monitor patient reactions to treatment and changes in physical or mental status and use independent judgment as to when to consult a physician.
- Maintain patient records by collecting and documenting patient information and health care history, nursing assessment, telephone communications, symptom and side effect management, patient and family education and care evaluations.
- Admit, transfer or discharge patients according to BC Cancer Agency policies and Centre directives.
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse (RN) with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM)
- One year of recent related experience (or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience to meet the above qualifications)
Skills & Knowledge
What we bring
- Demonstrate relevant clinical knowledge and ability to apply clinical knowledge in practice to organize patient care and set priorities.
- Use clinical and information technology to enhance patient care in accordance with agency policies.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with patients and their families, the public, colleagues, and volunteers, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize patient care and set priorities.
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skills in CPR techniques.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Comprehensive BC Cancer nursing orientation program.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular, Full-Time Wage:
$36.23 to $47.58 per hour Location:
399 Royal Avenue, Kelowna, BC V1Y 5L3 Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday; 0830-1630 or as operationally required Requisition #
130950E What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of August 05, 2022
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.