Reporting to the Program Manager, the staff nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluation patient care and nursing practice activities within the framework of quality management, and in accordance with the GR Baker Memorial Hospital standards of care. The role is defined by the needs of the Hospital, a select patient/family population, agency expectations and the goals for professional nursing practice.
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant.
- Post graduate courses (within last five years) appropriate to service assignment or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to physically perform the duties of the job, and has the ability to organize the work.
- Ability to provide safe, competent patient care
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the Health Care team.
- Ability to communicate and maintain good public relations with family and friends of patients
- Able to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
- Ability to recognize and intervene appropriately in an emergency situation.