Plans and provides direct nursing care to patients in accordance with the hospital policies and C.R.N.B.C. Standards for Nursing Practice in British Columbia.
- Graduate of a recognized nursing program.
- Current, practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia.
- All Specially Trained Nursing Skills (STN) related to the unit of employment must be completed within six (6) months of employment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to organize assigned workload and set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts including co-workers, physicians, community agency representatives, patients, and families.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Masset is situated along the shoreline of Masset sound on Haida Gwaii (Queen Charlotte Islands) and is the largest town on the island. Rich in marine history, Masset is one of Canada's top destinations for Pacific sport salmon and halibut fishing. Local charter companies provide whale-watching tours, and the Delkatla Wildlife Sanctuary is home to a vast selection of migratory birds. The major industries in Masset include logging, fishing and tourism. Northern Health communities offer affordable housing and natural splendor that support a balanced lifestyle.
Posted: February 19, 2018
Closes:April 20, 2018