The General Duty Nurse works under supervision from the Nurse Manager and is responsible for the provision of direct nursing care for patients. Duties are of a diverse nature involving developing patient care programs, administering treatments, monitoring progress and initiating interventions where required, providing educational and emotional support to patients and families and maintaining up to date, accurate records of patient history and status.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, registered with the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) and holds a current license to practice.
- Current C.P.R., I.V. Therapy and Blood Glucose Monitoring Certificates mandatory.
- One (1) year recent experience in assigned area of responsibility preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with others effectively.
- Demonstrated physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
DAWSON CREEK COMMUNITY
The rolling foothills of the Northern Rockies surround Dawson Creek where the sky is always blue and there is something to offer everyone. The quality of life in Dawson Creek is like nothing you have ever experienced before. There is no long commute to work and no one is in a rush. For most people the commute is two or three minutes and they go home at lunch time. Time after work is spent pursuing some of the many outdoor activities.
Posted: November 16, 2018
Closes: January 15, 2019