Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a real passion for delivering excellent patient care to join our Rehabilitation Program.
Fraser Health is BC's largest and fastest growing health authority. Over 25,000 employees, 2,900 physicians and 8,000 volunteers provide services that range from acute care to community-based long-term care, home, mental and public health to 1.8 million people - 1/3 of British Columbia's population.
We have positive and caring work environments where you can bring your real passion for rehabilitation nursing to the role and be part of our fast-growing team. In this role, you will care for patients with a wide range of diagnoses and conditions, including stroke, amputation, acquired brain injury, orthopaedic conditions, and general debility. Most importantly, you will teach our complex patients to manager their own care to become as independent as possible.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Providing and evaluating person-centered care to patients in an acute rehabilitation unit
- Collaborating with patients and their families/care givers in developing a care plan
- Assessing patients and collecting information from a range of sources
- Establishing a therapeutic relationships
- Working collaboratively and in partnership with the interprofessional care team
- Teaching patients and families/care givers about illness prevention, health restoration and health maintenance to help patients accomplish their health care goals
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduation from an approved school of Nursing
- Current registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- One (1) year recent related acute care experience
This role is a casual position located at Queen's Park Care Centre in New Westminster, BC. New Westminster is ½ hour from downtown Vancouver and close to rapid transit, shopping, restaurants and other amenities. The city of New Westminster, is located on a hillside overlooking the Fraser River, is the oldest incorporated city in BC, was once the provincial capital, and remains an urban hub of the Lower Mainland. The Royal City, as it is still known, began as a pioneer settlement and evolved into a stately Victorian city, and today remains graced with many grand Victorian and Edwardian heritage buildings that you can visit.
We offer the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Join our dedicated team in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment!
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.