Are you a nurse with a passion for delivering compassionate care? Do you have a clinical background with experience working in a community or hospital psychiatric setting? We have an exciting opportunity for a Hospital Community Liaison Nurse in our Integrated Transition Care team.
Fraser Health is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and nearly 6,500 volunteers, we serve more than 1.6 million people - over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and residential care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, collaboration and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Providing a linkage between hospitals and community services by performing duties such as participating in discharge planning rounds and case conferences
- Providing referrals in accordance with established protocols, for mental health clients not requiring hospitalization, to appropriate community treatment alternatives and services
- Maintaining client records and statistics, prepares reports, and completes forms as required
- Providing mental health community case work information and expertise by attending meetings and participating on committees as required
- Working collaboratively and in partnership with the interprofessional care team in the provision of person-centered and recovery oriented care
- Providing recovery oriented services
- Participating in and attending in-services and other educational programs.
- Providing crisis counselling, suicide prevention and treatment, and providing short term follow up as required to assist in reducing demand and bed utilization in hospitals and to provide more effective care and treatment for adults in the community
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduated from an approved school of Nursing
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Two (2) years recent, related experience in a community or hospital psychiatric setting, or in a rapid response crisis stabilization function
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver's License and access to personal vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage
This role is a part-time position located in the Tri-Cities area in B.C. The Tri-Cities area consists of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody. Coquitlam and Port Coquitlam offer urban living in a picturesque natural setting. The Traboulay PoCo Trail showcases the best of the community, which traverses forest and creek, meadow and marsh, riverfront and urban development. Port Moody is a vibrant waterfront community with a unique small-town feel in a metropolitan setting. Over 40% of the community is dedicated to parkland - a haven for outdoor enthusiasts.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role.
Take the next step and apply so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.