We currently have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse in our Long-Term Care & Assisted Living Program located at The Residence in Mission - Mission Campus of Care in Mission, British Columbia.
This position offers you the opportunity to:
• Promote resident choices and individualized care plans
• Encourage resident and family involvement in care decisions
• Work with members of the interdisciplinary team by sharing information and providing guidance
• Act as an advocate to protect and promote residents' rights to autonomy, respect, privacy, dignity, diversity and access to information
To be the successful candidate, you will have:
• Graduated from an approved school of Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing
• Current registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
• Recent 1 year related gerontological nursing experience
• Current Level 1 First Aid Certificate
As of May 15, 2020 in order to mitigate the risk of the transmission of Covid 19 among persons in our care, patients, residents and also staff in our long term care facilities, an order under the Public Health Act was enacted to limit movement of staff between long term care facilities. While this order is in place staff will be limited to employment in only one (1) long term care facility. This vacancy is located at a long term care facility and will be pursuant to this order.