Are you looking for a place to showcase your nursing skills and expertise? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse with a real passion for delivering compassionate patient care to join our Long-Term Care Services at Peace Arch Hospital in White Rock, BC.
Fraser Health is BC's largest and fastest growing health authority. Over 25,000 employees, 2,900 physicians and 8,000 volunteers provide services that range from acute care to community-based long-term care, home, mental and public health to 1.8 million people - 1/3 of British Columbia's population.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your dedication for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Acting as an advocate to protect and promote residents rights to autonomy, respect, privacy, dignity, diversity
- Supporting resident and family/caregivers involvement in care decisions
- Working collaboratively and in partnership with the interdisciplinary team to identify current or potential care concerns and strengths, plans interventions
- Participating in the orientation and ongoing education of students and others
- Providing feedback on clinical pathways, protocols, and procedures
- Maintaining safe working environments by following health and safety guidelines
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduate of an approved School of Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Recent one (1) year related gerontological nursing experience
- Current Level 1 First Aide certificate
This role is a relief part-time position located at Peace Arch Hospital (PAH), a 171-bed hospital located in White Rock, BC. With its sandy beaches, warm waters, red brick promenade, waterfront eateries and dramatic sunsets, White Rock has become known as the Jewel of BC. Located in the southwest corner of the province, White Rock offers a variety of leisure activities such as swimming, kayaking, windsurfing, crab fishing, sailing, and golfing, or simply strolling along the beach piers.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Apply today and take the next step in your career, so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
As of May 15, 2020 in order to mitigate the risk of the transmission of Covid 19 among persons in our care, patients, residents and also staff in our long term care facilities, an order under the Public Health Act was enacted to limit movement of staff between long term care facilities. While this order is in place staff will be limited to employment in only one (1) long term care facility. This vacancy is located at a long term care facility and will be pursuant to this order.