Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse with a real dedication for delivering compassionate care to join our Holmberg House Hospice at Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre.
Fraser Health is BC's largest and fastest growing health authority. Over 25,000 employees, 2,900 physicians and 8,000 volunteers provide services that range from acute care to community-based long-term care, home, mental and public health to 1.8 million people - 1/3 of British Columbia's population.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Providing direct nursing care to patients
- Assessing and evaluating patients' physical, emotional, spiritual and psychosocial needs
- Acting as an advocate to protect and promote the patient's rights to autonomy, respect, privacy, dignity and access to information
- Participating on nursing, hospital committees and councils for improvement of patient care and the work environment
- Working within a hardworking and dedicated interdisciplinary team
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduation of an approved School of Nursing and/or Psychiatric Nursing
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Two (2) years' recent, related medical nursing experience in an acute care facility, including one (1) year recent related experience in a hospice/palliative care environment
This role is a casual position located at Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre (ARHCC) in Abbotsford, BC. ARHCC is a 272 bed, University of British Columbia affiliated hospital offering medical, surgical, obstetrics, inpatient pediatrics, renal, cardiology, tertiary palliative care, helipad, as well as 24/7 emergency services with 79,289 visits annually.
The City of Abbotsford is a flourishing community with breath-taking scenic views. It is home to the Abbotsford International Airport, the fastest growing airport in western Canada, and the annual Abbotsford International Air Show.
A career with Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast rapidly growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.