Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse in our Mental Health and Substance Use Services in Abbotsford.
Fraser Health is BC's largest and fastest growing health authority. With over 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers dedicated to providing services that range from acute care to community-based long-term care, home health, mental health and public health, to 1.8 million people - 1/3 of British Columbia's population.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team!
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Working collaboratively and in partnership with the interprofessional care team in the provision of person-centered and recovery-oriented care
- Intervening to stabilize clients who are in acute or situational psychiatric crisis
- Screening potential admissions for appropriateness
- Coordinating the delivery of psychiatric nursing care
- Setting priorities, assigning and delegating tasks to support staff through direct care activities including assessments, crisis intervention, client and family education and health promotion activities
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduation from an approved Nursing Program
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- One (1) year of recent, related mental health and substance use experience in an acute/sub-acute/community setting
- Standard First Aid and CPR level C (or equivalent)
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver's License and access to personal vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage
This role is a casual position located in Abbotsford, BC. Abbotsford is known as the Berry Capital of Canada, with its flourishing community alongside the breath-taking scenic views. It is home to the Abbotsford International Airport, the fastest growing airport in western Canada, and the annual Abbotsford International Air Show.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are experts in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.