Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Community Mental Health & Substance Use Services Centre in New Westminster, BC.
Fraser Health is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and nearly 6,500 volunteers, we serve more than 1.6 million people - over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real dedication for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. We are experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Providing treatment and implementing plans for individuals
- Coordinating care for clients by consulting and collaborating with interprofessional care team based on client needs
- Assessing treatment plans and ensuring optimum use of resources
- Assisting clients to access appropriate services in the community
- Promoting and supporting clients to manage self care
- Providing crisis intervention, individual counselling and education
- Acting as a client advocate to protect and promote client's right to autonomy, respect, privacy, dignity, and access to information
- Participating in research and quality improvement activities
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduation from an approved school of Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Recent 2 years' related experience providing treatment services to individuals with mental health and/or concurrent disorders
- May require completion of substance use certificate program
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver's Licence and access to personal vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage
This role is a relief full-time position in New Westminster, BC. The city of New Westminster, is located on a hillside overlooking the Fraser River, is the oldest incorporated city in BC, was once the provincial capital, and remains an urban hub of the Lower Mainland. The Royal City, as it is still known, began as a pioneer settlement and evolved into a stately Victorian city, and today remains graced with many grand Victorian and Edwardian heritage buildings that you can visit.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are experts in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Are you looking to transform your practice to new level and join a team and an organization that prides itself on building an excellent work place?
Take the next step and apply! Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.