The Registered Nurse provides nursing care according to the established standards and administrative policies. This involves triaging and assessing physical and psychosocial needs, planning, implementing and documenting the nursing care for an individual patient or groups of patients. Co-ordinates the care of assigned patients and supervises the work activities of assigned non-professional nursing staff. The Registered Nurse assists with the implementation of primary care duties within the course of the daily duties. Qualifications
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant.
- Minimum of one (1) years' experience in Emergency, Outpost and/or Rural Hospital Nursing.
- Trauma Nursing Core Competency (TNCC) and ACLS certification
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability in carrying out the principles of nursing skills in patient care.
- Proven ability to chart and record accurately.
- Proven comfort as an RN working within a rural area.
- Ability to communicate effectively, as part of a team.
- Ability to take charge within emergency situations and direct other nursing staff regarding patient care standards.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize work.
McBride is nestled between the Canadian Rockies and the Cariboo Mountains in the beautiful Mount Robson Valley. The Grand Truck Pacific Railway brought McBride into being as a divisional point on the new Northern transcontinental line in 1911-1914. The company designed the town site with the station as the focus of Main Street. The major industries include forestry, agriculture, government service, construction and trade.