Do you have a passion for nursing? Do you have a background with post -basic training and experience in perinatal? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated registered nurse with a real dedication for compassionate patient care to join our Perinatal Unit.
Fraser Health is BC's largest and fastest growing health authority. Over 25,000 employees, 2,900 physicians and 8,000 volunteers provide services that range from acute care to community-based long-term care, home, mental and public health to 1.8 million people - 1/3 of British Columbia's population.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for perinatal nursing to the role and be part of our fast-growing team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting unit consisting of labour, delivery, recovery and postpartum services.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Conducting comprehensive nursing assessments of patients and unborn babies
- Making nursing diagnosis's of the patient and unborn babies condition, while identifying risk factors and determining appropriate nursing interventions
- Providing education to patients and families with a focus on health promotion regarding the pregnancy condition, the birth experience, postpartum, newborn care and parenting
- Collaborating with members of the inter-professional care team
- Participating in quality improvement and risk management activities
- Acting as a preceptor or mentor to guide the clinical experience of assigned new nursing staff and students all while promoting the philosophy of family centered care, sharing information, demonstrating care activities, and participating in orientation.
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduation from an approved school of Nursing
- Current registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Recent 1 year related clinical perinatal nursing experience in the designated clinical area
- Completion of post graduate basic course work and/or certification in perinatal nursing applicable to the designated clinical area
This role is a relief part-time position located at Surrey Memorial Hospital (SMH) in Surrey, BC. SMH is a 611 acute care bed, University of B.C. affiliated, regional referral and community teaching hospital that has the busiest emergency in B.C. SMH offers medical, surgical, neonatal intensive care, tertiary, ambulatory, cardiology, rehabilitation, as well as 24/7 emergency services with 158,558 visits annually.
Surrey is one of Canada's fastest growing cities and its land mass makes it the largest city in the province. Known as the City of Parks, Surrey has over 6,000 acres of parkland and 15 golf courses and driving ranges. Despite rapid growth, Surrey has held onto the rural flavour of its past, with about 35 per cent of its land designated as agricultural and still actively farmed.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.