Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated registered nurse with a real dedication for compassionate patient care to join our Perinatal Unit.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka'pamux Nations.
Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for perinatal nursing to the role and be part of our fast-growing team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting unit consisting of labour, delivery, recovery and postpartum services.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Conducting comprehensive nursing assessments of patients and unborn babies
- Making nursing diagnosis's of the patient and unborn babies condition, while identifying risk factors and determining appropriate nursing interventions
- Providing education to patients and families with a focus on health promotion regarding the pregnancy condition, the birth experience, postpartum, newborn care and parenting
- Collaborating with members of the inter-professional care team
- Participating in quality improvement and risk management activities
- Acting as a preceptor or mentor to guide the clinical experience of assigned new nursing staff and students all while promoting the philosophy of family centered care, sharing information, demonstrating care activities, and participating in orientation.
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduation from an approved school of Nursing
- Current registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Recent 1 year related clinical perinatal nursing experience in the designated clinical area
- Completion of post graduate basic course work and/or certification in perinatal nursing applicable to the designated clinical area
This role is a relief full-time position located at Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre (ARHCC) in Abbotsford, BC. ARHCC is a 272 bed, University of British Columbia affiliated hospital offering medical, surgical, obstetrics, inpatient pediatrics, renal, cardiology, tertiary palliative care, helipad, as well as 24/7 emergency services with 79,289 visits annually.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.