Do you have a passion for nursing? Do you have experience working in Pediatrics? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a real dedication for compassionate patient care to join our Pediatric Unit.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for pediatric nursing to the role and be part of our fast-growing team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting unit consisting of providing nursing care to patients in our pediatric emergency unit.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Conducting comprehensive nursing assessments of pediatric patient on admission and at regular intervals
- Collaborating with patients and their families/care givers, Physicians and members of team in the development, implementation and ongoing modification of the care plan.
- Coordinating nursing care for the patient
- Setting priorities, assigning and delegating tasks to support staff and making referrals to the inter-professional care team
- Instructing patients and families/care givers on illness prevention, health restoration and health maintenance to help patients accomplish their health care goals
- Participating on designated programs and professional committees, care conferences and councils as assigned
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduation from an approved school of Nursing
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- One (1) year's recent, related clinical nursing experience in the designated clinical area and completion of post graduate course work and/or certification applicable to the designated clinical area
This role is a relief part-time position located at Surrey Memorial Hospital (SMH) in Surrey, BC. SMH is a 611 acute care bed, University of B.C. Affiliated, regional referral and community teaching hospital that has the busiest emergency in B.C. Located in Surrey, it is one of Canada's fastest growing cities and its land mass makes it the largest city in the province. Known as the City of Parks, Surrey has over 6,000 acres of parkland and 15 golf courses and driving ranges. Despite rapid growth, Surrey has held onto the rural flavour of its past, with about 35 per cent of its land designated as agricultural and still actively farmed.
SMH offers medical, surgical, neonatal intensive care, tertiary, ambulatory, cardiology, rehabilitation, as well as 24/7 emergency services with 158,558 visits annually.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.