Do you have a passion for nursing? Are you a Registered Nurse with experience working in Pediatrics? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse to join our Pediatric Emergency Unit.
We have positive and compassionate work environments where you can bring your real passion for pediatric nursing to the role and be part of our fast-growing team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka'pamux Nations.
Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Conducting comprehensive nursing assessments of pediatric patient on admission and at regular intervals
- Collaborating with patients and their families/care givers, Physicians and members of team
- Setting priorities, assigning and delegating tasks to support staff and making referrals to the inter-professional care team
- Providing rapid pediatric assessments in collaboration with Emergency Department staff
- Instructing patients and families/care givers on illness prevention, health restoration and health maintenance to help patients accomplish their health care goals
- Participating on designated programs and professional committees, care conferences and councils as assigned
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduation from an approved school of Nursing
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Two (2) year's recent, related clinical nursing experience in the designated clinical area and completion of post graduate course work and/or certification applicable to the designated clinical area
This role is a part-time position located at Chilliwack General Hospital in Chilliwack, BC. Chilliwack is located 100 kilometres east of Vancouver, Chilliwack's natural surroundings; rural setting and thriving agricultural, commercial and industrial economy have drawn many to its neighborhoods. Its mountains, lakes and rivers provide beautiful settings for many outdoor activities such as fishing, hiking, camping, boating, kayaking and golfing.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.