Do you have a passion for nursing? Are you a Registered Nurse with experience working in a palliative setting? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated registered nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our Palliative Complex Care Unit at Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre.
Fraser Health is BC's largest and fastest growing health authority. Over 25,000 employees, 2,900 physicians and 8,000 volunteers provide services that range from acute care to community-based long-term care, home, mental and public health to 1.8 million people - 1/3 of British Columbia's population.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Assessing, planning and implementing nursing care for assigned patients utilizing a patient-centered, culturally sensitive approach
- Planning and performing appropriate interventions and evaluating outcomes
- Consulting and collaborating with members of the interdisciplinary health care team
- Partnering with patients and families to develop an appropriate plan of care
- Acting as an advocate to protect and promote the patient's rights to autonomy, cultural competence, respect, privacy, dignity and access to information
- Participating in quality improvement activities, research and evaluation of patient care programs, techniques, standards and procedures
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduate of an approved school of Nursing.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- One (1) year recent acute medical/surgical nursing or acute palliative care experience plus completion of a certificate in the designated clinical area
This role is a casual position located at Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre (ARHCC) in Abbotsford, BC. ARHCC is a 272 bed, University of British Columbia affiliated hospital offering medical, surgical, obstetrics, inpatient pediatrics, renal, cardiology, tertiary palliative care, helipad, as well as 24/7 emergency services with 79,289 visits annually.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Apply today and take the next step in your career, so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.