Reporting to the Manager, Perioperative Services, the staff nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and nursing practice activities within the frame work of quality management and in accordance with the University Hospital of Northern BC mission statement. The role is defined by the needs of the Hospital, a select patient/family population, agency expectations and the goals for professional nursing practice. Qualifications
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant.
- Post graduate courses (within last five years) appropriate to service assignment or equivalent combination of training and experience.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to promote safe, competent, patient care.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the health care team.
- Ability to communicate, and maintain good public relations with family and friends of patients.
- Ability to recognize and intervene appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
View Prince George Community