Reporting to the Manager of Critical Care and Surgery, the perioperative nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and nursing practice activities within the frame work of quality management in accordance with the Northern Health mission statement. Qualifications
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant.
- Post graduate operating room course within the last five years or equivalent combination of training and experience.Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates clinical competence in surgical principles and procedures.
- Ability to physically perform the duties of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to work under stress and deal with stressful situations.
- Ability to recognize and intervene appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
View Quesnel Community