Under the general direction of the OR/PACU Unit Manager, the OR/P.A.R. nurse provides direct nursing care to the peri-operative patient according to established standards/policies and provides work direction to nursing and non-nursing staff as required. The OR/P.A.R. nurse assesses the physical and psychological needs; plans, implements, evaluating and documents the nursing care for the patient during the peri-operative process, and the immediate post-operative period. Willing to do a minimum of 8 days on call per month. Qualifications
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) as a practicing RN registrant.
- Current Level C CPR certification required.
- Post graduate certificate in perioperative nursing or a minimum of one-year recent related experience in peri-operative nursing.
Skills and Abilities:
- Work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Make and apply nursing judgment using analytical skills.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Interact with others effectively.
- Maintain the physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Maintain own physical, mental and emotional well being.
- Using Critical Thinking skills, prioritize and organize patient care.
- Operate related equipment.
- Teach and provide clinical supervision.
View Dawson Creek Community