Reporting to the OR Charge nurse, the Operating Room nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and nursing practice activities within the frame work of quality management and in accordance with the Wrinch Memorial Hospital policies and accepted standards. Qualifications
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Post basic training and/or one year's recent related clinical experience in an OR/PAR/PACU setting and/or one (1) year recent related clinical experience in a critical care area or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Current up-to-date immunization record.
- Successful completion of Criminal Record Check.
- ACLS preferred.SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to organize assigned workload and set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts including coworkers, physician, community agencies representatives, patients, and families.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
View Hazelton Community