**This position qualified for the Relocation Incentive**
Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team.
Reporting to the OR Charge nurse, the Operating Room nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and nursing practice activities within the frame work of quality management and in accordance with the Wrinch Memorial Hospital policies and accepted standards. Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Monday to Friday / Days - 08:00 to 16:00 Wrinch Memorial Hospital
, a fully accredited acute care facility, operates under with the United Church Health Services, affiliated with Northern Health. It is a full service hospital with visiting specialists in podiatry, geriatric assessment, cardiology, pediatric cardiology, internal medicine, urology, obstetrics and gynecology, general surgery, otolaryngology, pediatrics, respiratory and allergy, rheumatology, and occupational therapy. The Hazeltons
(Hazelton, New Hazelton and South Hazelton) are nestled within the spectacularly rugged Roche de Boule Mountain Range in Northern British Columbia with a population of 827 (2021). Hazelton, also known as Old Hazelton, is on the banks of the Skeena River near the world-famous 'Ksan Historical Village and museum. Check out The Hazeltons , known as the historic heartland of northwest BC.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" offered through the Federal and BC Government Qualifications
• Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
• Post basic training and/or one year's recent related clinical experience in an OR/PAR/PACU setting and/or one (1) year recent related clinical experience in a critical care area or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Current up-to-date immunization record.
• Successful completion of Criminal Record Check.
• ACLS preferred.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to organize assigned workload and set priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts including coworkers, physician, community agencies representatives, patients, and families.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Ability to operate related equipment.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.