Reporting to the Manager of Critical Care and Surgery, the perioperative nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and nursing practice activities within the frame work of quality management in accordance with the Northern Health mission statement.
- Graduate from an approved School of Nursing.
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of B.C.
- Post graduate operating room course within the last five years or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates clinical competence in surgical principles and procedures.
- Ability to physically perform the duties of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to work under stress and deal with stressful situations.
- Ability to recognize and intervene appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Quesnel is one of the central interior's oldest cities and home to the world's largest gold pan. Nestled on the banks of the Fraser and Quesnel rivers, Quesnel is the commercial centre of the North Cariboo. The major industries include forestry, agriculture, mining and tourism. Quesnel offers affordable housing, indoor and outdoor recreational opportunities and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle.