Under the general direction of the OR/PACU Unit Manager, the OR/P.A.R. nurse provides direct nursing care to the peri-operative patient according to established standards/policies and provides work direction to nursing and non-nursing staff as required. The OR/P.A.R. nurse assesses the physical and psychological needs; plans, implements, evaluating and documents the nursing care for the patient during the peri-operative process, and the immediate post-operative period. Willing to do a minimum of 8 days on call per month.
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant.
- Current Level C CPR certification required.
- Post graduate certificate in perioperative nursing or a minimum of one-year recent related experience in peri-operative nursing.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Make and apply nursing judgment using analytical skills.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Interact with others effectively.
- Maintain the physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Maintain own physical, mental and emotional well being.
- Using Critical Thinking skills, prioritize and organize patient care.
- Operate related equipment.
- Teach and provide clinical supervision.
DAWSON CREEK COMMUNITY
The rolling foothills of the Northern Rockies surround Dawson Creek where the sky is always blue and there is something to offer everyone. The quality of life in Dawson Creek is like nothing you have ever experienced before. There is no long commute to work and no one is in a rush. For most people the commute is two or three minutes and they go home at lunch time. Time after work is spent pursuing some of the many outdoor activities.