Practicing nursing in accordance with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) Standards of Practice.
Providing patient care to an assigned group of patients using Nursing Process and Nursing Knowledge.
Collaborating and communicating with health team members in providing patient care.
Adhering to the Nursing code of Ethics.
Maintaining competency and acquiring new knowledge.
Guiding of team members in Charge Nurse role. Qualifications
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) as a practicing RN registrant.
- A minimum of one year experience of the Staff Nurse level in an Acute Care Hospital is preferred.
- Experience in the Operating Room preferred.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide guidance and motivation for staff.
- Ability to teach nursing techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize assigned workload and set priorities.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts including coworkers, physician, community agencies representatives, patients, and families.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
View Hazelton Community