The Community Oncology Nurse provides and coordinates care for the community oncology program within the 2 facilities. This program provides a link between the designated Health Councils and the BC Cancer Agency and the Communities Oncology Network. The nurse functions under the general direction of the Director of Nursing & Head Nurse Critical Care. This position will be required to work in both Kitimat and Terrace on a weekly basis, flexibility is required. Qualifications
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Post basic course in oncology nursing preferred or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
- Chemotherapy certified: BC Cancer Agency.
- Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) trained.
- Valid Driver's Licence.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to motivate people to participate in the learning environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, arrange priorities and to organize.
- Ability to work with others effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts including coworkers, physicians, community agency representatives, patients, and families.
- Required to travel between Kitimat and Terrace.
View Kitimat Community