Reporting to the Manager of Patient Care Services, provides, coordinates and implements nursing care service such as patient assessment, patient and family teaching, administration of chemotherapy and health promotion activities to cancer patients, in accordance with established policies, standards, procedures and philosophy at BC Cancer Agency. Plans, implements, delivers and evaluates programs and services in relation to - Intravenous Therapy assessment, education and treatment of patients of all ages who require IV Therapy; Education and support programs for those who care for patients requiring IV Therapy, and assist in clinical skills development of hospital and community based nurses. Qualifications
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- CNA Oncology Certification or eligibility.
- Clinical experience, within the last 2 years, in an Oncology/Outpatient Chemotherapy adult setting or 3 years Acute Care nursing experience in a specialty care Unit is required.
- British Columbia Cancer Agency Chemotherapy Certification or equivalent Chemotherapy certification from a recognized Cancer Agency.SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to relate effectively to children, adults and their families.
- Ability to participate as a member of an interdisciplinary care team, and function as nursing resource team member.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform duties of the job.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the healthcare team.
- Ability to recognize and intervene appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Ability to promote safe, competent, patient care.
View Dawson Creek Community